Home Health Aides
Whether you are recovering from an illness or injury, or need to transition back home from the hospital, nursing facility or outpatient center, a Home Health Aide (HHA) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) may be all the help you need. Our HHAs and CNAs have had a minimum of 40 hours of training and have completed a comprehensive orientation focusing on exceptional care, service and support at Help at Home, with on-going monthly in-services and training. Available up to 24 hours a day, these caregivers provide non-skilled services under the supervision and case management of a Registered Nurse, and are committed to the compassionate, respectful care of their clients.
Our offices serve Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, and Collier Counties.
The Home Health Aide:
- Assists in bathing, shampooing, shaving, mouth and skin care, dressing and grooming
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and exercise
- Performs light household duties important to health care at home
- Provides incontinence assistance and toileting
- Does light housekeeping, shopping and meal preparation
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services
- Cares for client surroundings as needed to maintain a safe environment
- Reminds the client about medications that must be taken
- Follows the care instructions as prepared by the registered nurse assigned to the client
- Maintains extensive contact with the supervisor directing client care
Each client’s situation is unique, depending on many factors. If you think your life would benefit from the help of a Home Health Aide, please contact our office at (941) 388-3117. We will schedule a complimentary in-home assessment to accurately determine how we may best meet your needs.