Homemaker / Companion / Sitter
Sometimes a helping hand is all you need to remain independent and living in the comfort of your own home. Our clients range from new moms needing extra help, working parents with sick children, to seniors seeking companionship or household assistance. Our Homemakers/Companions/Sitters are non-medical, non-skilled individuals who have demonstrated life experience in caring for their own loved ones and serve as “extended family” for the client. They may not provide hands-on personal care, but offer homemaking services, companionship, and respite for the spouse or family member caring for their loved one. These compassionate individuals are available in your home, hospital, nursing facility or retirement community, up to 24 hours a day.
Our offices serve Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, and Collier Counties.
- Keeps the client’s residence clean and safe
- Performs homemaking duties, including meal preparation, laundry, shopping and the care of children
- Assists with limited personal grooming (brushing hair, filing and polishing fingernails, helping with make-up)
- If needed, helps stabilize the client when walking, by holding his or her arm or hand
- Provides companionship for the client such as playing games, cards, reading, watching television, and accompanying client on trips
- Provides relief for the family members who serve as the primary caregiver to their loved one
- Accompanies the client on outings such as doctors appointments
- Assists as sitters in the hospital, nursing home or other facility
- Accompanies client as a travel companion
- Provides light housekeeping tasks such as meal preparation and laundry
- Assists with limited personal grooming such as brushing the client’s hair, filing and polishing nails, and applying make-up
- If needed, helps stabilize the client when walking by holding his or her arm or hand
- Provides sitter services for parents with children
- Provides sitter services for families on vacation to allow parents a day or evening out
Each client’s situation is unique, depending on many factors. If you think your life would benefit from the help of a Home Health Aide, please contact our office at (941) 388-3117. We will schedule a complimentary in-home assessment to accurately determine how we may best meet your needs.