Key Factors to Consider When Choosing an In Home Health Care Provider
We know that choosing a caregiver for yourself or your loved one can be a very stressful and daunting task. We consult with family members on a daily basis and can totally empathize with their concerns.
We have found, that through open communication, the sharing of information and genuine concern for the overall health and well-being of the person in need of skilled home care, choosing the best person to match you and your healthcare is Key!
Other important factors are:
- Trust- Feel secure with your decision and know that you are partnering with a provider you can trust
- Skill- Make sure that whom you partner with, is able to provide the right skilled care set for your needs and show accreditation
- Comfort- Your first impression is the best form of discernment. During your consultation, make sure your questions and concerns are addressed
- Knowledge- What level of experience with your actual medical or home care needs does the provider possess- to make them a perfect match for you
- Loving Kindness– We know this sounds cliche’, but it is the truth. Any professionally skilled caregiver that you hire to come into your home must be the kind of person that you and/or your loved one feel immediately comfortable with. These qualities are inherent to most people who choose nursing care as their profession. However we at Help at Home Homecare do take this to another level by testing through the Caregiver Quality Assurance selection system when hiring our staff.
Your Extended Family: Trusted – Experienced – Caring
Help at Home’s employees are licensed, bonded, and undergo rigorous training in their field of service. RNs, LPNs, Therapists and Social Workers are licensed by the State of Florida.
When selecting service providers, we go above and beyond the normal criteria that many home health agencies utilize. The Caregiver Quality Assurance seal means that Help at Home is using Leading Home Care’s Caregiver Selection System — Advanced technology and standardized online testing to screen for prospective caregivers and assure that the people in your home are trustworthy, dependable, and have the attitude and personality skills needed to provide top quality care.
For more information, visit www.caregiverquality.org.
All of our employees undergo a comprehensive agency orientation with Help at Home’s administrative staff, focusing on exceptional care, service and support. Our service providers are experienced, dependable, and caring individuals, committed to you, your family, and your ability to live independently and comfortably.
No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, your healthcare matters! How You would like to be cared for as you age is important to talk about with your loved ones in advance of your medical need. Making your wishes clear, communicating your feelings and then interviewing in home skilled care providers is a key factor to ensuring that your quality of health and peace of mind are all that you had hoped for when that time does come.
We are here for you at Help at Home Homecare- Feel free to comment or ask any questions of us- WE are here to assist you!
Call or Contact us for a Free In Home Consultation~
2902 59th Street West ~ Bradenton, Florida
Venice Office: (941) 484-3242
Englewood/Port Charlotte Office: (941) 474-4455
Joyce received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Ohio State University and her Master’s in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing from Case Western Reserve University’s Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing. There, she a assumed a faculty and administrative role and later received Hospice Administrator Certification. Her educational background, years of broad-based home care leadership with emphasis on continual improvement and customer service qualifies her to lead Help At Home Homecare in becoming an exceptional provider of private home care services in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, Lee and Collier Counties.
Joyce lives in Sarasota with her husband, has three grown daughters and seven grandchildren.