Homemaker / Companion / Sitter
Sometimes a helping hand is all your family member needs. With Help at Home’s companion care services, your loved one will have all they need to remain independent and living in the comfort of their own home.
The Companionship Caregivers at Help at Home provide non-medical care and serve as “extended family”. They may not provide hands-on personal care, but offer homemaking services, companionship, and respite for you as the spouse or caregiver. These compassionate individuals are available in your home, hospital, nursing facility or retirement community, up to 24 hours a day.
Our offices serve Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee, and Collier Counties.
Companion Care Services Include:
- Keeping the client’s residence clean and safe
- Homemaking duties, including meal preparation, laundry, shopping and the care of children
- Assisting with limited personal grooming (brushing hair, filing and polishing fingernails, helping with make-up)
- If needed, stabilizing the client when walking, by holding his or her arm or hand
- Providing companionship such as playing games, cards, reading, watching television, and accompanying client on trips
- Providing relief for the family members who serve as the primary caregiver to their loved one
- Accompanying the client on outings such as doctor’s appointments
- Assisting as sitters in the hospital, nursing home or other facility